by GoPro 2 weeks ago - edited 6m ago
1. Reformat your microSD card in the camera with the Delete ALL/Format function in the settings menu. If you're unsure of how to do that, read these instructions on how to reformat your microSD card in your camera. NOTE: Formatting your card will delete any existing data on the card, please ensure that you save any wanted footage prior to doing so.
2. Power off your camera and eject the microSD card. Set your microSD card aside. In the steps outlined below, you'll need to drag a folder from your computer to your microSD card. Find your microSD card reader/adapter and set it aside for later.
3. Visit the HERO4 Update page, then click on the link at the base of the article that reads "Update your camera manually."
4. Enter your camera's 14-character serial number (found on the silver/white sticker in the battery compartment, starting with "C31"), as well as your update registration information.
5. On the following page, click on the blue "DOWNLOAD UPDATE" icon.
6. The update will be generated, select "CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD FIRMWARE." An "UPDATE.zip" folder will be downloaded to your computer.
7. Follow the step-by-step instructions (with screenshots) provided on the update page.
Once the update is complete, your camera will prompt you with a completion message. If you encounter any update failure notifications, remove and re-insert the battery, and then attempt this process from Step 1.