by GoPro 09-30-2019 05:50 PM - edited 08-06-2020 10:11 PM
There are two ways to update the HERO camera:
- With GoPro Studio (Recommended)
Update With GoPro Studio
- Download and install GoPro Studio.
- Launch GoPro Studio.
- Connect the HERO camera to the computer with the USB cable.
- If there is an update, the Camera Software Update window will open. Click Continue.
- Read the GoPro Firmware License and check the box to confirm you accept the terms. Click Continue.
- The camera software update will be downloaded and installed on the camera.
- Once the installer in Studio states it was successful, click Done.
- Go to the GoPro HERO update page.
- Under "Other ways to update" click "Update your camera manually."
- Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
- Click "Download Update."
- Click "Click here to download firmware."
- Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.