- HERO8 Black
- HERO7 Black
What is TimeWarp?
TimeWarp is HyperSmooth applied to TimeLapse Video. It allows you to Capture super stabilized time lapse videos while you move about a scene. Increase the speed up to 30x to turn longer activities into shareable moments. TimeWarp is processed in the camera and is enabled by increasing the camera's memory to 2GB.
How does TimeWarp work?
The camera analyzes the scene to apply TimeWarp based off of your selected speed. It then processes the footage in the camera and produces the TimeWarp video.
Resolution/Aspect Ratios available with TimeWarp (select ratio in top right corner and resolutions will be made available):
TimeWarp Video Speed Information
Use this chart to estimate the length of your videos.
|Speed||Recording Time||Video Length|
|2x||1 minute||30 seconds|
|5x||1 minute||10 seconds|
|10x||5 minutes||30 seconds|
|15x||5 minutes||20 seconds|
|30x||5 minutes||10 seconds|
Which settings should you use for your specific activity?
Here are some things to think about:
- How much stabilization is needed?
- How long will you be engaged in the activity?
- How long do you want the video to be?
- 10x is the default setting as it will provide the best results for a broader set of use cases
|2x-5x||Driving through a scenic route|
|10x||Hiking and exploring|
|15-30x||Running and mountain biking|
- For the best results, try speeds 10x and up when shooting footage that may get bumpy.
- Higher speed will often provide better stabilization as there are more frames for TimeWarp to choose from
- Zooming in can help with stabilization