by GoPro 09-30-2019 05:34 PM - edited 08-06-2020 09:36 PM
There are three ways to update Session cameras:
- With Quik for Desktop (Recommended)
- With Capture
Update With Quik for desktop
- Download and install Quik for desktop.
- Launch Quik for desktop.
- Connect the Session to the computer with the USB cable.
- If there is an update, the Camera Software Update window will open. Click Continue.
- Read the GoPro Firmware License and check the box to confirm you accept the terms. Click Continue.
- The camera software update will be downloaded and installed on the camera.
- Once the installer in Quik for desktop states it was successful, click Done.
- Go to the Update page: HERO5 Session or HERO Session + HERO4 Session
- Under "Other ways to update" click "Update your camera manually."
- Enter your serial number and other requested information, click Next Step.
- Click "Download Update."
- Click "Click here to download firmware."
- Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.