by GoPro 09-30-2019 05:34 PM - edited 01-28-2021 10:03 AM
To get started, make sure your camera and remote have a full charge and are powered OFF.
Part 1 - Get your HERO5 Black camera ready for pairing mode
1. Power ON the HERO5 Black camera.
2. On the back of LCD screen, swipe down from the top of screen and tap Connect.
3. Tap Connect New Device and scroll down to Smart Remote
4. Tap Smart Remote to enable pairing mode.
5. Now set your camera aside and pick up the remote.
Part 2 - Remote pairing steps
1. Power on the Smart Remote with the Power/Mode button.
2. When the Smart Remote displays a radiating Wi-Fi symbol, press and hold the Settings/Tag button on the remote (wrench icon). The remote will show two arrows moving towards each other. You can let go of the remote's Settings/Tag button at this time. Now the remote is in pairing mode.
Part 3 - Finish pairing the Remote and HERO5 Black camera
1. At this point, the camera and remote should both show arrows moving towards each other. After one minute or less, the camera and remote should pair.
2. The remote may ask you to pair another, press the Mode button to highlight "No", then press the red button to select it. Alternatively, you may see the pairing screen (arrows) and the number of connected cameras appear (typically "1"). Press the red shutter button on the Remote to complete the paring process.
3. The remote should now mirror the camera's front LCD screen, indicating that pairing was successful.