by GoPro 09-30-2019 06:35 PM - edited 01-28-2021 09:54 AM
PRO-TIP: Product updates can be found here.
There are few ways in which you can determine your camera's software version number:
- HERO9 Black - Swipe from the top, swipe left, touch Preferences> About > Camera Info
- GoPro MAX
- HERO8 Black - Swipe from the top, touch Preferences > About > Camera Info
- HERO7 Cameras - Swipe from the top, touch Preferences > About > Camera Info
- HERO6 Black / HERO5 Black / HERO (Spring 2018) - Enter Preferences (swipe from top to bottom) > About this GoPro
- Fusion - Located in Settings > Preferences > About.
- Start-Up Screen - The version number will be displayed briefly on the camera's LCD screen upon powering the unit on. *** For HERO3, HERO3+, HERO4, HERO, HERO+, HERO+LCD
- HERO Session / HERO4 Session - Cycle through the menu options using the Info/Wireless button. The camera version will appear on the "EXIT" screen.
- GoPro App - In the GoPro App, enter SETTINGS (wrench icon), scroll down to CAMERA INFO, and look for the "Version" information.
- Version Text File - To locate this file, follow the steps below:
- Reformat your SD card in the camera, by using the delete all/reformat function in the settings menu. Here are links for how to do that if you're unsure: HERO2, HERO3 & HERO3+, HERO, HERO+, HERO+ LCD, HERO4, HERO Session / HERO4 Session, HERO5 Session, HERO5 Black, HERO6 Black
- After reformatting the card, record a photo or quick video.
- Take the SD card and connect it to your computer using an SD adapter to view the contents.
- In the MISC folder, you will find a version.txt file.
- Open the version.txt file.
- You can compare those version numbers to the current camera software versions listed in this article to see if your camera software is up-to-date or not.