by GoPro 10-02-2019 09:51 PM - edited 01-28-2021 11:28 PM
How do I adjust the Standard Presets on the HERO8 Black?
How do I create a Custom Preset on the HERO8 Black?
HERO8 Black - All Shooting Modes
The HERO8 Black comes with standard Presets for each shooting mode:
Time Lapse Modes:
- TimeWarp - 1080/Auto/Wide
- Time Lapse - 1080/0.5/Wide
- Night Lapse - 1080/Auto/Wide
- Standard - 1080/60/Wide
- Activity - 2.7k/60/Superview
- Slo-Mo - 1080/240/Wide
- Cinematic - 4k/30/Linear
- Photo - Wide
- Live Burst - 8MP/Wide
- Burst - Auto/Wide
- Night - Auto/Wide
Each setting in the Standard Presets can be changed to a custom value by tapping the Pencil icon to the right of the screen. Adjust the settings and then tap the back arrow on the top left of the screen.
You can create custom Presets in each shooting mode:
- A custom Preset can be created by tapping the + icon below the bottom standard Preset
- Select the custom settings that you desire and tap the check mark
- You will then be given the option to choose your Preset title and icon
- Once the title and icon are selected and confirmed, they cannot be changed. A new preset would need to be made
- You can also simply reset the Preset without having to delete it
To rearrange or delete the Presets do the following:
- From the idle screen tap on the Shooting mode button, Tap the Manage button at the top of the screen
- To delete the Preset, press the X on the right of the Preset. You will be given the option to confirm the deletion or cancel
- To reorganize the Presets, press and hold the Preset you want to move. The Preset will turn blue and you can then drag the Preset up or down to place it in the order that you desire
- The Presets can be reset in mass by navigating to Preferences > Reset > Reset Presets. You will be given the option to confirm or cancel. The camera will restart.
- You can have a maximum of 10 Presets each for TimeLapse, Video, and Photo.