by GoPro 10-02-2019 09:39 PM - edited 08-06-2020 08:15 PM
New Battery with HERO8 BlackThe HERO8 Black comes with an updated battery that supports the increased performance modes of 1080/240 and 2.7/120 with HyperSmooth on.
How Does the New Battery Differ in Appearance from Previous Batteries?
- The HERO8 Black Battery cap is blue in color.
- The pull tab is tilted in the opposite direction than the previous batteries.
HERO8 Black In-Camera Battery InformationThere’s an easy way to check your battery’s status and make sure you’re using the right one in your HERO8 Black camera:
- Swipe down to access the Dashboard.
- Tap Preferences > About > Battery Info.
- Compatible (HERO8 only)
- Other (previous GoPro Battery)
- N/A (non-GoPro Battery)
HERO8 Battery Compatibility with Previous Camera ModelsHERO8 Battery will be completely compatible with the following cameras once the cameras have been updated to the latest software:
- HERO7 Black
- HERO6 Black
- HERO5 Black
- HERO (2018)
- HERO7 Black - Camera will instantly power on when battery is inserted
- HERO6 Black - Camera will instantly power on when battery is inserted
- HERO5 Black - Camera will not function
- HERO (2018) - Camera will not function
HERO8 Black Compatibility with Previous BatteriesPrevious Batteries will work with the HERO8 Black with limitations. Users may see performance issues when shooting in high performance modes. For this reason, we suggest only using the HERO8 Battery in the HERO8 Black camera.
The Dual Battery Charger has not changed and will work with both types of batteries.