Fusion is freezing in the menus or while recording.
If your camera is freezing up, it is usually an indicator the camera's software needs to be updated or there is potentially an issue with the microSD card(s) being used. Try removing both SD cards and see if the camera still freezes up. If it no longer freezes, then the issue is likely stemming from the SD card. Here's some information on SD card recommendations.
Below are some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue for you. Before proceeding make sure that you have turned off Connections/GPS/Voice Control.
- Remove and then reinsert the battery to get it reset from it's frozen state.
- Make sure you have the most current software on your camera. Click here for instructions on how to check the software on your camera. If you're not sure you have the most current software on your camera, we recommend installing the camera software again. Check out this page for the latest Fusion software update.
- If you have the most current camera software, you may need to re-update the camera software. Often times this can correct any errors with a previous software installation.
- Save any wanted footage, then format your microSD cards via the camera.
- Determine whether removing the SD cards from the camera alleviates the freezing (i.e., power the camera on without SD cards and see if the camera freezes while navigating the menus).
- Try different, known good SD cards. We recommend only purchasing name brand SD cards through reputable resellers, and using cards that are the asme make, model and capacity. Check out our recommended SD Card list. There are both counterfeit and underperforming SD cards out in the marketplace, which can prevent proper functioning of your Fusion's features.
Still have any questions or concerns? Please reach out here and we will be happy to help.