Extracting the GPS information and importing it into Google Earth
on 01-17-2018 02:23 PM
Well, it took me the whole evening to figure it out, but I finaly found an easy way to extract the GPS data of my Hero5 and transfert to Google Earth!
0. Install the Google Earth Pro desktop app and the excellent RaceRender 3
1. In RaceRender, open your GoPro MP4 file. RaceRender will find the GPS data in it and ask you if you want to import it as well: you sure do.
2. After some more steps, you will see your RaceRender project panel with the MP4 file and a file named yourvideo-RR_Data. That's your telemetry data right there.
3. Right-click on it and select "Export Data" -> "Google Earth .KML (GPS only)". Save your KML file on your disk.
4. Open the KML file in Google Earth and voilà !