GoPro Telemetry Resources (software)[ Edited ]
on 09-18-2019 09:23 AM - last edited 2 weeks ago
Here's a list of products you can use to read, visualize and convert GoPro metadata depending on your purpose. Please submit additional items in the comments if you want them added to the list.
- GoPro Quik Desktop / Android / iOS (Free) - Official editing tool. Can visualize some of the metadata, although many users have reported problems.
- GoPro Telemetry Extractor (Free/Premium) - Extract, visualize and convert any data stream (sensor) to other formats.
- GoPro GPS Quick Fix (Paid) - Modifies your video files to enable gauges / performance stickers in GoPro Quik.
- Virb Edit (Free) - Overlay nice gauges on videos. GPS data must be converted to GPX first.
- Dashware (Free) - Combine video and gauges. Data must be converted to compatible formats first.
- Serious Racing (Free) - Online lap timer. Reads GPS data.
- Race Technology (Paid) - Offline lap timer and other sensor data.
- Drone Viewer (Paid) - Reads and displays GPS data alonside the video.
- Race Render (Trial/Paid) - Offline lap timer. GPS data must be converted to GPX first.
- After Effects Telemetry template (Lite/Paid) - Customizable After Effects overlay for visualizing multiple data streams.
- Lap Analyser (Free) - Gets lap times, forces and angles from motorsports footage (cars/motorcycles)
- gpmf-parser - C++ sample project and documentation on the GoPro Metadata Format.
- gopro-utils - GoLang tools for extracting some of the data streams, plus batch tool for automating the process on Windows.
- gopro2gpx - Python tool for converting the GPS data into GPX.
Re: GoPro Telemetry Resources (software)[ Edited ]
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Thanks for the list. I tried the software but still couldn't find a solution. If you have another idea, please let me know. My answers in bold:
- GoPro Quik Desktop / Android / iOS (Free): Desktop version not compatible with Hero8, Android no full resolution availalbe, iOS ?
- GoPro Telemetry Extractor (Free/Premium)- Where is the free version?
- GoPro GPS Quick Fix (Paid) - Paying $49 for a bug Gopro does not want to fix? Really???
- Virb Edit (Free) - Which software can convert to GPX?.
- Dashware (Free) - Which software can convert to compatible formats?
- Serious Racing (Free) - Only special usage, account necessary
- Race Technology (Paid) -Paying for a bug Gopro does not want to fix?
- Drone Viewer (Paid) - Paying for a bug Gopro does not want to fix?
- Race Render (Free) - Which software can convert to GPX?
- After Effects Telemetry template (Free/Paid) - After effects creazy expensive and complicated.
- Lap Analyser (Free) - Online tool not usable for large or private files, only a few options.
Re: GoPro Telemetry Resources (software)
2 weeks ago
So I will go on with dashware. Editing gauges is a bit annoying and the rendering time is really long but better than nothing.
RaceRender has a watermark in free version so also not usable if you don't want to pay for GoPro's Apple addictions (yes part of it).