Nomad
Proof of Concept - Fusion Overcapture with GPS data Gauges

I have a potential project need to display GPS and other metadata on videos shot with Fusion. I did some research and found the metadata tool on here. Special thanks to @kajuna for modifying it to support the Fusion! I used it with Dashware to create this simple proof-of-concept video. The video was shot with the Fusion mounted on a mobile cart.

https://youtu.be/hEzQ-BJaoJE

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Nomad
Re: Proof of Concept - Fusion Overcapture with GPS data Gauges

@dzeek That's amazing! Thanks for sharing and happy you could build upon the progress I made :)

Hiker

@dzeek  Thanks for sharing your project. Greats Work. It will be nice from you if you could describe step-by-step how you extract the metadata from the Fusion video and use it with Dashware to your video. I am having hard time to do it with my video.

Nomad

@meshala2383

I used the GPMD2CSV tool to create a CSV and then used it as input to DASHWARE.

Nomad
[ Edited ]

i used this version of the tool http://tailorandwayne.com/GPMD2CSV.zip to extract the data from the Fusion FRONT camera video file. I had to reformat the time stamp column in the CSV to be compatible with Dashware. I created the gauges myself and mapped them to the columns in the CSV file. That's a standard feature of Dashware.

I think its now possible to extract the data directly from the Fusion FRONT file using another tool to create the videos called RACERENDER. I have not tried but I heard it works.

Hiker

@dzeek  Thanks for your reply. 

Can you explain more about what you did to reformat the time stamp column in the CSV?

After that which data profile option did you select in DashWare?

Thanks again for your help :)

Nomad
[ Edited ]

@meshala2383

Actually, the whole process is easier now. If you use the Fusion FRONT video as the input to Dashware it will recognize that it contains the GPS data and extract it to a CSV file. It saves it in the project directory. You can then use the overcapture video you create as the real input video and the extracted CSV file to provide data for the gauges. Other than that, follow the Dashware Tutorial and it should work.

The other approach is to use RaceRender. It will also recognize the GPS data in the same way. I haven't used it much but some people have found it easier than Dashware.

That's about all the help I can provide. I haven't used either Dashware beyond the POC (Proof Of Concept) that I posted several months ago.

Hiker

@dzeek  Thank you. I really aprecaite your help.