Sightseer
Re: Karma Battery Issue / Bought New on eBay - Help

I honestly don't remember seeing anything like this when I first removed the battery? What would this mean? Could this be an earlier model?

Sightseer
Could be you purchased original Karma prior to GoPro fixing connector and shipping with battery unplugged. You definitely need to contact GoPro customer support because it’s a known defect in their design.
Explorer
All original Karma drones we auto disabled by GoPro and won't fly. They were all recalled and accounted for. Customer Service is an option, but since the she wasn't through an authorized distributer, the person holding the original receipt should be the one doing the return/exchange.
Explorer

This is what the connector should look like.

20190211_102650.jpg

Explorer
This post just looks like damage or manufacture defect. It has nothing to do with the recall (which honestly only effected a few drones).
Sightseer

That's interesting! So do gopro detact these defective drones upon registration and disale them?

Sightseer

**bleep**, I wish mine looked like this :P 

Sightseer

I contacted GoPro today and as I I thought they can't do anything because it was not an authorised seller on eBay.

But... The seller has responded and I will be sending it back tomorrow and he will send me another one. He has 6 for sale. And like I said earlier he has sold 3 already and all 3 had good feedback so I think I just got unlucky.

It's a shame because I bought a Hero 7 Black as well as numerous chargers, extra batteries, a decent hand held gimbal, the drone etc for a little trip I'm taking around Italy and Germany starting on Wednesday. I'm fairly bummed out as you can imagine, but I should have just paid the little extra and bought it from GoPro :( My fault, lesson learned.

Thanks for your help!