by GoPro 09-30-2019 08:54 PM - edited 01-29-2021 10:49 AM
Windows 10 has some issues with recognizing the cabinet files for our drivers. This is a workaround to install the Wifi BacPac drivers manually.
Error message is:
Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device.
- HD HERO2
- Wi-Fi BacPac
- GoPro Studio
- Go down to Cortona (search feature on bottom left of Windows 10.)
- Type "Users" then click on "Change User Account Control Settings."
- Toggle the slider to the bottom to "Never Notify."
- Press "Ok" and agree to the User Account Control prompt that appears by choosing "Yes."
- Right click the Windows Icon then choose "Device Manager."
- You will see the Wi-Fi BacPac as a "Other Device."
- Double left click on the Wi-Fi BacPac and choose Driver (on the top menu) and then "Uninstall" accept the warning message afterwards.
- Click on at least 1 item in Device Manager and then go to Action (on the top left) and choose "Scan for hardware changes."
- This will place the Wi-Fi BacPac under "Universal Serial Bus devices" and be recognized on the computer.
10. Afterwards, remember to re-enable UAC.