Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.

Where can I find the time-stamp for my recorded videos?

by GoPro ‎09-30-2019 07:30 PM - edited ‎08-06-2020 10:10 PM
Question
Where can I find the time stamp for my videos and pictures that I imported on my computer?

Where does it apply?
  • Mac OSX
  • Windows

Answer
Please note: We strongly suggest that you import your files through Quik for desktop so the proper time stamp will show. If you prefer to use GoPro App for Desktop or Quik for Desktop to find time stamps, then please refer to this article.

Mac OSX
  • Once your files have been imported onto your hard drive, open a Finder window.
  • Set your Finder window to show your items in a "List" view.
User-added image
  • Navigate to the location which your files have been imported to.
  • Right-click any of the columns and make sure that "Date Created" and "Date Added" have a check mark next to it.
User-added image
  • Please note: There are multiple "Date" columns which speak to different time stamps. The "Date Created" column will show you the proper time stamp.
User-added image
  • The "Date Added" column will show you when you imported the file. You can see a 4-minute difference in both columns above.

WINDOWS 7
  • Once your files have been imported onto your hard drive, open a Windows Explorer window(Windows key+E).
  • Select the drop-down arrow next to the "Change your View" box.
User-added image
  • Select "Details"
User-added image
  • You'll notice the columns appear just below your address bar once this is done.
  • The "Date" column below refers to the time in which the video was recorded
User-added image

WINDOWS 8&10
  • Once your files have been imported onto your hard drive, open a File Explorer window(Windows key+E).
  • Navigate to the location which your files have been imported to.
  • Select the "View" tab and make sure you select "Details.
User-added image
  • Right-click any of the columns below the address bar and make sure the "Date" column is selected.
User-added image
  • The "Date Added", "Date Modified" and "Date Created" columns don't refer to the timestamp, so make sure not to base your information off those columns.
User-added image
HELP ARTICLES
JOIN A GROUP
GOPRO LABS
GOPRO WEBCAM