What is the HiLight tagging feature and how do you use it?
- GoPro MAX
- HERO8 Black
- HERO7 White, Silver, & Black
- HERO (2018)
- HERO6 Black
- HERO5 Black
- HERO5 Session
- HERO Session + HERO4 Session
- HERO+ LCD
- Smart Remote
- GoPro App
- Quik for Desktop
- Quik for Mobile
You can mark specific moments in your video as they happen with HiLight Tags. HiLight Tags make it easy to find the best highlights to edit and share. You can add tags using:
- Your camera's Mode button or Voice Control (on equipped models)
- The GoPro App
- A Smart Remote (sold separately)
- Using the GoPro App or remote to add a tag will ensure that the camera does not pick up the sound of your finger on the camera, and prevents the camera from shaking.
- For cameras with Voice Control you can add a tag by saying “GoPro HiLight” when Voice Control is on
- You can perform up to 80 Highlight Tags in a single recording.
How to HiLight Tag
1. Via Button Press on the camera
If the Mode button (Settings/Tag button on HERO4) is pressed while the camera is recording, the camera will insert a HiLight Tag at that specific time in the video:
On the HERO Session / HERO4 Session, you can press the rear Menu button to HiLight Tag a moment.
2. Via Voice Control with Remo or an Equipped Camera
While using Remo or a Voice Control-enabled camera, you can tag a point in a video by saying "GoPro HiLight."
3. Mode button on a Smart Remote
HERO5 and newer - If a Smart Remote is paired with the camera, you can press the Mode button on the remote to insert a HiLight Tag. Note: This function does not work when multiple cameras are connected to the Smart Remote.
HERO4 and older - If a Smart Remote is paired with the camera, you can press the Settings button on the remote to insert a HiLight Tag. Note: This function does not work when multiple cameras are connected to the Smart Remote.
4. HiLight Tag button on the GoPro App or Quik for mobile
If the camera is paired to a device with the GoPro App, there will be a button to insert a HiLight Tag in the video.
How to use HiLight Tags
Once your clips have been imported and synced into Quik for Desktop, every clip that you used a HiLight Tag on will be labeled.
When you double-click a clip with a HiLight tag badge on it, it'll open up in the playback window. The orange markers along the playback slider let you know when a HiLight tag was set.
If you are viewing your clips in the GoPro App all HiLight Tags will be labeled.