by GoPro 09-30-2019 07:30 PM - edited 01-28-2021 11:28 PM
What is Auto Image Rotation and how is it used?
- HERO9 Black
- HERO8 Black
- HERO7 Black, HERO7 Silver & HERO7 White
- HERO (2018)
- HERO6 Black
- HERO5 Black
- HERO5 Session
- HERO Session + HERO4 Session
With Auto Image Rotation enabled, the camera automatically adjusts orientation to right side up when the camera is mounted upside down. Some things to note:
- HERO9 Black, HERO8 Black and MAX: Camera default it to All (camera will auto-rotate). If you want to lock the camera to Landscape orientations (Right side up or upside down), you will go to Preferences > Touch Screen > Orientation and select Landscape
- HERO7 Black, HERO7 Silver & HERO7 White: Default mode is Landscape Lock Off: You can choose to lock the Orientation to Off (Have Auto-Rotation), or you can lock the orientation to Up or Down.
- HERO (2018), HERO6 Black, HERO5 Black, HERO4 Black, & HERO4 Silver: The camera defaults to (right side) UP, so you will need to enable this mode if desired. It can be found in the SETUP menu under ORIENTATION > AUTO
- HERO5 Session & HERO Session / HERO4 Session: The camera will default to AUTO. Using the GoPro App or Smart Remote you to alter the setting to UP/DOWN if needed.
- Auto Image Rotation makes it easy and automated for the user to switch into upside down mode without having to alter the camera settings.
- Once you start recording, the orientation is locked. This way, the camera retains its orientation if it (or you) is flipped during recording.