What are .thm and .lrv files?
- HERO9 Black
- HERO8 Black
- HERO7 White, Silver & Black
- HERO (2018)
- HERO6 Black
- HERO5 Black
- HERO5 Session
- HERO4 Black & Silver
- HD HERO2
Depending on what camera you are using, what software version you have installed, and what resolution you are recording video in, you may notice .thm and .lrv files stored on your camera after recording video.
- .thm files are Thumbnail video files which are used to display a thumbnail image of the video
- .lrv files are Low Resolution Video files. These will be created if:
- You are recording with a HERO9 Black, MAX, HERO8 Black, HERO7 (White, Silver & Black), HERO (2018), HERO6 Black, Fusion, HERO5 Black, HERO5 Session or HERO4 Black/Silver, in some resolutions...
- You have a HERO3+ Black or Silver Editions, HERO3: Black Edition camera or…
- You have a HD HERO2, HERO3: White Edition, or HERO3: Silver Edition camera and you have updated to the latest software update.
These files are necessary to support the Copy, Playback, and Share functionality in the latest version of the GoPro App.