Videos will not import into the STEP 1 window of GoPro Studio. Either an error message appears, or absolutely nothing happens after a user has selected the files that they want to import.
- GoPro Studio
This article explains why your video file might not be importing properly into the STEP 1 window of GoPro Studio. For more information on how to transfer your footage from your camera to your computer, please follow this Quik for desktop video tutorial link.
- Make sure that your files have been saved to your hard drive/external drive before importing. If your files are stored on an external drive, try copying your files to an internal drive first to see if that resolves the issue.
- Windows Only: Open Windows Update and be sure that there are no pending updates for your computer. Some missing components from these updates can and will cause files to not properly import.
- If you're receiving an error message that says "Unable to play file. File may be corrupted or in an unsupported format," then you need to update your graphics card. This can also appear when you have a graphics card that's incompatible with GoPro Studio. Here are some helpful links to update your graphics card based on the manufacture:
- Any files with non-English characters in the file name(or the folder path where the file is saved) will not properly import and cause an error to occur.
- Do not rename the file(s) prior to importing into GoPro Studio. When you send your clips to the conversion list, you can rename clips in the bottom section next to "File Name"
- Make sure that you are trying to import the file into the correct "Step".
- All MP4 files generated by GoPro cameras can only be imported into the Step 1: View & Trim.
- Files which have already been converted into GoPro Cineform AVI or MOV files can only be imported into Step 2: Edit.
- If you are trying to import your files into the correct Step, but cannot, try playing the files with another program (VLC, Quicktime) to confirm that the files are not damaged/corrupted.
- If your MP4 files still don’t import into the Step 1: IMPORT Room, make sure that they were not processed through another import application or import method, like iPhoto or iMovie. Files processed through iPhoto or iMovie are modified by those applications to the point where GoPro Studio doesn’t recognize them as GoPro camera footage. In this case, copy the files directly from the SD card to your computer and then import into GoPro Studio.
- Try creating a new project and then import.
The above steps should help get you back up and running. If you continue to experience any errors importing your footage into GoPro Studio, please give our Customer Support Team a shout. They will be happy to answer any questions and help out moving forward.