by GoPro on 10-02-2019 09:55 PM - edited an hour ago
GoPro MAX will not power on
Follow these instructions to get your GoPro MAX camera to power on again
- Disconnect the camera from any external power source and remove the SD card.
- Remove the battery, wait 5 seconds and then reinsert battery.
- Press the Mode Button to see if the camera responds (look for LED illumination, beeps, or a response from the camera’s screens).
- If there's no response, attempt to reset the camera by pressing and holding the Mode Button for 8 to10 seconds. After releasing the button, leave the camera alone for about 5 seconds and then attempt to get a response from the camera by pressing the Mode Button.
- If still unable to see any activity on camera, remove the battery and connect to a 5V 2A wall charger (5V 1A minimum) using the GoPro USB Type-C cable.
- Watch for the front LED to flash within 5 seconds (it's fast, so be ready to watch).
- Let the MAX sit for 5 seconds and then try to turn the camera on (with the battery still removed). NOTE: In a pinch, you can use a computer USB port, but we do not recommend using a multi-port USB hub when trying to charge the camera. If the camera does not turn on, try using a different USB Type-C cable.
- If the camera will power on, insert the battery and again look for the front LED to flash.
- Look for the front LED to turn on and stay on. This can take several minutes if the battery is severely depleted.
- Remove the camera from the charging source and attempt to turn on the camera by pressing the Mode button.
- If the camera activates, allow the camera to turn back off, insert the SD card and wait about 5 seconds, then attempt to record a sample video.
- If you are not able to power on the camera while unplugged, please contact GoPro Customer Support.