by GoPro a week ago
How do I use Presets on my HERO8 Black or HERO9 Black camera?
HERO8 Black, HERO9 Black
Presets give a number of shooting options for different use cases. You have the ability to use the GoPro curated Presets or create your own and customize resolution, framerate, lens, zoom, and more. You can have up to 10 total Presets for each shooting mode.
When your camera is in idle mode, the rear LCD shows camera settings including the current Preset in the settings button at the bottom of the screen.
If you want to use a different Preset, simply touch the settings button to see the current list of Presets on your GoPro.
The default Presets for the HERO8 Black and HERO9 Black are:
Time Lapse Modes:
- TimeWarp - 1080/Auto/Wide
- Time Lapse - 1080/0.5/Wide
- Night Lapse - 1080/Auto/Wide
- Standard - 1080/60/Wide
- Activity - 2.7k/60/Superview
- Slo-Mo - 1080/240/Wide
- Cinematic - 4k/30/Linear
- Photo - Wide
- Live Burst - 8MP/Wide
- Burst - Auto/Wide
- Night - Auto/Wide
To edit any of the Presets, simply touch the pencil icon and make your changes. If you are on the idle screen and want to make a quick change to the Preset, press and hold the settings button to see the settings options. You can make your changes and then go back to shooting.
If you would like to make a custom Preset, touch the Plus icon.
Set your Preset up with your desired settings and the give the Preset a name (and an associated icon).
To rearrange your Presets do the following:
- From the idle screen tap on the Shooting mode button then tap the icon at the top right of the screen
- To reorganize the Presets, press and hold the Preset you want to move. The Preset will turn blue and you can then drag the Preset up or down to place it in the order that you desire
To delete a custom Preset (you cannot delete a default Preset), press the X on the right of the Preset. You will be given the option to confirm the deletion or cancel.