by GoPro 09-30-2019 07:31 PM - edited 05-13-2020 10:10 PM
How does the Speedometer work on Quik for mobile?
- Quik for mobile
- HERO7 Black
- HERO7 Silver
- HERO6 Black
- HERO5 Black
- iOS Devices
- Android Devices
GPS only works with:
- HERO5 Black, HERO6 Black, HERO7 Black and HERO7 Silver.
- Activate GPS on your HERO5/6/7 in "Preferences" / "Regional"
- When filming, make sure the GPS is locked: the GPS icon becomes white when it's locked, if it's grey, it means GPS tracking is not working yet.
- Download to your phone via GoPro App - other ways of adding the videos to your device may lose GPS data because of transcoding.
- Go in the Edit View and activate the "Speedometer" option
- If you get this message “GPS data too inconsistent” it means that the GPS lock was working during only 0 to 10% of the video duration so it's not possible to display speed because we don't have enough data.
- IOS: 'Settings / General / Language & Region / Region Formats'.
- ANDROID: change the language of your phone