Share GoPro App video to various social media apps.
- GoPro App
This article describes processes to share video to Instagram or other social sharing sites.
If you want to share a file from the GoPro App
Option 1: Trim + Share
This feature enables you to create short video clips on your phone or tablet and share them to Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and more.
In-app video trimming can be done from the camera roll. After recording some awesome footage, simply open playback mode and press the Trim icon. Choose a 5, 15, or 30 second clip from any of your recorded content, and save it for sharing without transferring entire videos to your mobile device.
Option 2: Downloaded to the GoPro App
Once photos or videos have been saved to the GoPro App, you can share the photos or videos through a myriad of channels. Here's how you do it:
- Open the media tab - - and select your photo/video
- You can either share the entire file by pressing the sharing icon - or,
- You can trim down that file to your liking and even add some minor adjustments by pressing the - - button.
- Once you're finished, press "Save" at the top and select "Save as new clip" below. You'll have to option to share your file to the following options plus more:
Option 3: Downloaded to the Device's Internal Storage
Once photos or videos have been copied to your device’s native photo album, you can share the photos or videos as you please. Steps to access the files and how to share are below:
- Open the Photos app
- Select "GoPro Album"
- Select your desired file
- Select the share icon
- Select from the options available
- Open the 'Albums' tab in the Photos app and go to the "GoPro-Exports" album
- Select the file you want to share
- Select the Share button and select the desired application
Share a file exported from GoPro Studio(Deprecated)
First, you will need to edit down your video in GoPro Studio so that it is the desired length. For example, Instagram requires video clips to be 3-15 seconds long. Once you have edited your video, follow these steps:
- In Studio, go to Step: Export.
- In the Preset setting, select "Mobile." This export settings uses settings which are preferred by most sharing services.
- Choose where you want to save your file and press Export.
- Email the new message to yourself. Open your email service. Create a new email message, attach the exported video as a attachment, and then send the email.
- If the file is too large or you prefer to use another service to send the file there may be other apps that can transfer the file from your computer to your mobile device, such as Dropbox.
- On your mobile device, open your mail app and open the message you sent.
- Download the video file to your camera roll.
- Open the sharing app you are using (Instagram, Vine, etc.).
- Upload the file to your feed.