Transfer files from a GoPro camera to a Windows 10 computer
- HERO8 Black
- HERO7 Black
- HERO7 Silver
- HERO7 White
- HERO6 Black
- HERO5 Black
- HERO5 Session
- HERO Session + HERO4 Session
- HERO+ LCD
- HERO (2018)
- HERO (2014)
- Windows 10
- Quik for desktop
There are a few different ways to get your photos and videos from the camera to your computer.
If you have an SD adapter for your MicroSD card, you can insert the MicroSD card into the adapter and insert the adapter into your computer.
- Press Windows Key+E to open File Explorer. Your SD card will be on the left sidebar under the "This PC" section.
- Double-click on your SD card, and you should see two folders: DCIM and MISC.
- Now double-click on the DCIM folder. In that, you'll see a folder named 100GOPRO. (Note - if you took more than 9999 pictures or videos, you'll see 101GOPRO, 102GOPRO, 103GOPRO, etc. folders).
- From there you can drag & drop the files from your SD card to your computer.
Method #3 - Automatic with Auto Launch Options
When connecting the camera to the computer you may be given an option to choose what happens when you connect the camera.
If you do not see this prompt, move on to Method #4.
If you want to set it up so that Auto Launch does occur, check out this article.
You can select:
- Import photos and videos with the Photos app
- Open device to view files with File Explorer
- Take no action
If you choose to Import photos and videos, the Photos app will launch and give you the option to import your files.
Method #4 - Manually with File Explorer
If you choose Open device to view files, File Explorer will launch. Double-click on your camera.
Double-click on GoPro MTP Client Disc Volume.
Open DCIM to access your GoPro folder. You can copy/paste your videos onto your computer's hard drive from here.
If you're having trouble with you camera being recognize with your computer, please refer to these articles:
Camera is not Recognized when Plugged into a Computer USB Port
Camera is Not Recognized on Quik for Desktop - Windows
Have any more questions or concerns? Hit us up HERE and we will be happy to help.