by GoPro 09-30-2019 05:33 PM - edited 01-28-2021 10:04 AM
The following instructions outline the recommended charging method for your HERO5 Black.
To charge your HERO5 Black, use the USB-C cable that was provided with your camera, along with a USB wall charger or computer USB port.
- Ensure that the Connections setting is off (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Auto Upload), and power off the camera.
- Hold down the Latch Release button on the side door, then slide the door open.
- Connect the camera to a USB wall charger that outputs 5V 2A (ideal), or 5V 1A (minimum). NOTE: Charging times may vary based on the charger and its output.
- Alternatively, you can connect the camera to the USB port on a computer. For the fastest results while using a computer USB port, try to use a port on the back of a desktop computer. If using a laptop computer, please ensure that it is connected to wall power for the duration of the camera charging process.
- The camera status light turns on during charging and turns off when charging is complete.