by GoPro on 09-30-2019 05:35 PM - edited Thursday
- With the program open, click the "Add Media" button on the upper left-hand corner.
- Click "Add Folder" to choose your file location(s).
- Click "Save"
Quik for desktop will now scan these folders and add any GoPro media to the "Media" and "Recently Added" bins. PLEASE NOTE: Any videos/photos coming from 3rd party cameras WILL NOT be recognized in Quik for desktop.
If you've already added media folders, and want to remove them:
- Access the General Settings by clicking the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner
- Below the "Media Folders" section, look for the "X" to the right of the file location. Click the "X" and the location will be removed.
PLEASE NOTE: If there isn't an "X" next to your file location, that's because it's the Import Location (please reference the above screenshot) . You'll need to change the import location in order to remove that folder from the list.
If you'd like to add additional folders for Quik for desktop to scan:
- Access the General Settings by clicking the gear icon in the upper right- hand corner.
- Below the "Media Folders" section, click the "Add New" button and select your folder location.
- Afterwards, your new location will show in the list and you'll see "Scanning" next to the "X" to show that all GoPro media is being pulled from that folder.
- An alert will appear at the top right-hand corner letting you know that your files have been indexed.
- Click "Back to Media" in the upper left-hand corner and any Quik for desktop will show you all media for the location(s) which you've designated.