by GoPro on 09-30-2019 07:27 PM - edited 3 weeks ago
How is the HERO5 Black different from HERO4 cameras?
- HERO5 Black
The HERO5 Black is our most versatile camera yet. While the HERO4 Black and Silver are amazing image capture devices, the HERO5 Black combines the best features of it's predecessors into one package. Here are just some of the benefits and features that the HERO5 Black offers, over the HERO4 series:
- Waterproof without a housing - Dive as deep as 10m (60m with Super Suit).
- Voice Control - hands-free control of your GoPro using simple voice commands.
- Touch Display - improved design allows you to more easily access modes, settings, wireless connections and more.
- Auto Upload - upload footage straight from your camera to GoPro Plus cloud accounts
- GPS - captures the location where your video and photos were taken.
- Battery - increased current capacity (1220mAh)
- USB-C port - supports fast charging with the Supercharger.
- Advanced Image Stabilization - capture stunningly smooth video handheld, mounted to your favorite gear, and more.
- RAW photos - increased flexibility when using advanced photo editing software.
- Wide Dynamic Range photos - captures both added detail in shadows and highlights in the scene.
- Exposure Control - fine-tune exposure settings with simple on-screen controls.
- Linear field of view - removes fisheye/barrel distortion.
- 1080p Time Lapse Video - stitched time lapse footage straight from your camera, to your smartphone, to social media.
- Advanced wind noise reduction - improved audio performance in windy environments
- Stereo audio - advanced audio processing captures left and right stereo audio channels.
- RAW Audio - creates a separate .wav file for more flexibility when using advanced editing software.