by GoPro on 09-30-2019 08:57 PM - edited a week ago
HERO7 is not turning on.
- HERO7 White, Silver & Black
Follow these instructions to get your HERO7 camera to power on again:
- Disconnect the camera from any external power source and remove SD card. If you are using a HERO7 Black, remove and reinsert battery.
- Press the Mode Button to see if the camera responds (look for LED illumination, beeps, or a response from the camera’s screens).
- If there's no response, attempt to reset camera by pressing and holding the Mode Button for 8-10 seconds. After releasing the button, leave the camera alone for ≈5 seconds and attempt to get a response from the camera by pressing the Mode Button.
- Note: This step is only for HERO7 Black, if you have HERO7 White or Silver, proceed to Step 5. If still unable to get any sign of life from camera, remove the battery and connect to a 5V 2A wall charger (5V 1A minimum) using the GoPro USB Type-C cable, let it sit for 5 seconds and try to turn the camera on (with the battery still removed). NOTE: In a pinch, you can use a computer USB port, but we do not recommend using a multi-port USB hub when trying to charge the camera. If the camera does not turn on, try using a secondary USB Type-C cable.
- If/when red LEDs illuminate, allow camera to remain charging for a few minutes.
- Remove the camera from charging source and attempt to get a response from the camera by pressing the Mode button.
- If provided with a response, allow camera to turn back off, insert the SD card and wait ≈5 seconds, then attempt to record a sample video.