What is the depth rating for the HERO4 waterproof housing?
- HERO4 cameras
The depth rating for the camera depends on what housing you are using.
- Each of the HERO4 cameras come with the Standard Housing that is capable of withstanding depths of up to 131 feet (40 meters).
- If you are using the Dive Housing, it is waterproof to 197' (60 meters)
If you are using a BacPac, here are the depth ratings:
- If you are using the Dive Housing BacPac Backdoor, the depth rating is 197' (60 meters).
- If you are using the Standard Housing with the Standard BacPac Backdoor, the depth rating is 131' (40 meters).
- If you are using the Standard Housing with the Touch BacPac Backdoor, the depth rating is 10' (3 meters).
Before taking the unit in the water you'll want to be sure to verify that there is no dirt or debris along the white rubber gasket that could compromise the integrity of the waterproof case.
To ensure that the camera is fully sealed, push the housing backdoor all the way in before securing the black latch on the top of the case.
If you are using the camera in salt water, it's always a good idea to safely remove the camera and wash the housing with fresh water.