by GoPro 09-30-2019 07:32 PM - edited 08-06-2020 10:18 PM
I've updated from Quik for desktop 2.4 from version 2.3 and can no longer see GoPro Studio. What happened?
Quik for desktop 2.4+ - Mac and Windows
With the latest update to Quik for desktop(versions 2.4+), GoPro Studio will no longer be included in the installer package. The reason for this is because GoPro Studio has reached its end-of-life for support. Below is a short FAQ which will hopefully answer your questions about our tool going forward.
- Does GoPro still support GoPro Studio now that it’s reached its end-of-life?
- A: For the time being, GoPro Studio will continue to be supported as normal.
- I enjoyed using GoPro Studio! What do I do now that it’s no longer included in Quik for desktop 2.4?
- A: If you had a previous version of GoPro Studio or Quik for desktop on your computer, then it hasn’t been uninstalled. The latest update of Quik for desktop has only removed the connection between the two applications, so you will still be able to open/use it.
- I just purchased a Wi-Fi Bacpac for the HERO2. I need to update my bacpac, but don’t have GoPro Studio. Can you help me?
- Please contact GoPro customer support at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus and we'll see what we can do.
- I’m a new user who was told to download Quik for desktop because it comes with GoPro Studio. Is there any way that I could be given an older version of GoPro Studio as well to use with Quik for desktop 2.4?
- Unfortunately, we aren’t able to give out any older version of GoPro Studio. If you’re looking for a non-linear editor to make your own custom edits with, you can use iMovie on Mac or VSDC on Windows- http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor/download.