Update Camera Software Wirelessly With GoPro Quik.
- GoPro Quik
- HERO10 Black
- HERO9 Black
- HERO8 Black
- HERO7 Black, Silver, White
- HERO (2018)
- HERO6 Black
- HERO5 Black, Session
- HERO Session / HERO4 Session
- HERO+ / HERO+ LCD
Heads Up: HERO (2014), HERO3 and older cameras cannot be updated via GoPro Quik. If you have an earlier camera model that needs an update, please visit the Software Update Page.
Before updating, make sure:
- Your GoPro supports updates via the mobile app. Check out the list above to see which cameras can be updated using GoPro Quik.
- You are using a compatible mobile device and OS. To view a list of compatible devices, click here.
- GoPro Quik defaults to download automatically so be sure to have an active internet connection. The software file size tends to be about 25MB.
- You have at least 2 bars of battery life on the camera and a charged phone. If the phone battery is not sufficiently charged, the wireless update will not start and a warning message will appear.
- You have an SD card in the camera.
Steps to update your camera using GoPro Quik
Step 1: Ensure that your mobile device has access to the internet.
Step 2: Enable the camera's Wi-Fi and connect to the network in your phones Wireless Settings.
Step 3: Start GoPro Quik.
Step 4: Find your camera and select [Control Your GoPro].
Step 5: If there is an update available, GoPro Quik should prompt you to update your camera upon selecting your camera from the list of devices.
Step 6: The App will present any available release notes. Click [Update] to continue.
Step 7: Read the legal disclaimer. Press [Accept & Continue].
Step 8: GoPro Quik will then transfer the new software to the camera. The camera will display "Transferring Files to" your camera at this time.
Step 9: The camera will power off and on a number of times as it updates its software. As the camera powers off it may disconnect from the App's Wi-Fi.
Step 10: Reconnect to the camera in the Mobile Device's Wi-Fi Settings. Relaunch GoPro Quik, it will then notify you that the update was successful.
If you are still not prompted with an update, please follow the the manual update instructions here.
Not seeing these options?
GoPro Quik is designed to automatically download the update files for your camera if there is an update available. If for some reason you are not prompted to update your camera, you can simply wait 24 hours and check back for the update or follow the steps below: