Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.

GoPro Plus Damaged Camera Replacement FAQ

by GoPro GoPro on ‎09-30-2019 09:34 PM - edited Friday
One of the new benefits of the GoPro Plus service is Damaged Camera Replacement.* We will exchange your damaged device for the same model.^

* Available in select countries only, with HERO5 camera or newer
^ While supplies last

1. As a current GoPro Plus subscriber do I get the new benefits? 
Yes, as a current Plus subscriber you are entitled to the new benefits at the same price of $4.99/mo. 
  • Return your damaged camera and we will exchange it for the same model. No questions asked!
  • Every user is allowed up to 2 exchanges for every 12 billing cycles with Plus
  • This benefit is currently limited to select countries.

2. What is the process to exchange my camera?
You can initiate the exchange process by contacting Customer Support here:  https://gopro.com/help.

3. What devices are covered in this exchange benefit?
HERO5 Cameras and newer as well as Karma products are covered as a part of this benefit.

4. If I cancel and sign up for GoPro Plus again, do I continue to get the damaged camera replacement benefit?
Yes. Additionally, your previous history of billing periods will count towards how many exchanges you have remaining.  

5. I am currently a GoPro Care subscriber; will the new Plus impact this? 
No. Your active GoPro Care policy will continue. You are welcome to subscribe to GoPro Plus to get all of the cloud, discount and exchange benefits for a low monthly fee of $4.99.

6. Do I have to return my old camera as a part of the exchange benefit of Plus?
Yes. We will provide a return shipping label for your old camera.

7. Does the damage replacement benefit of Plus cover lost cameras?
No. We will need a camera shipped back to us to offer an exchange.

8. Is there a fee for the damage replacement?
Yes. This will depend on which device you exchange. The fee by camera is listed in the table below.

ProductTrade-In Fee
MAX$99
HERO8 Black$79
Fusion$139
HERO7 Black$69
HERO7 Silver$39
HERO7 White$29
HERO6 Black$79
HERO5 Black$59
HERO5 Session$49
HERO (2018)$39
Karma $159
Karma Grip$59

9. What happens if I have used up both my exchanges before the end of 12 billing cycles?
You will continue to have all the benefits of Plus which includes unlimited cloud storage of videos and photos, up to 50% off Mounts & Accessories, access anywhere, and more. After completing 12 billing cycles with Plus, your 2 damaged camera replacement credits will be available during the next 12 billing cycles.  

10. Will I be able to exchange my camera that is older than 2 years?
The damaged camera replacement benefit of Plus is available while supplies last.

11. Can I exchange multiple devices with this benefit?
Yes. You are allowed to exchange up to 2 cameras per yearly billing cycle (12 months), as a part of this benefit.
HELP ARTICLES
JOIN A GROUP