Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.

Common Auto Upload Issues

by GoPro ‎09-30-2019 09:35 PM - edited ‎09-25-2020 10:29 AM
Below are some issues that you may encounter when auto uploading directly from your camera, along with tips to resolve them:

Why can't I set up Auto Upload?    

In order to proceed, please ensure that all initial setup requirements are met. If symptoms persist, please perform a factory reset. 

Auto Uploading is slow or not working when I upload directly from my MAX camera

We are currently experiencing an issue processing chaptered files for MAX in the cloud. This means that you may have trouble uploading long MAX videos to the cloud directly from the camera; the upload may never start or it might drop midway through.

Workaround: Transfer your MAX files directly to your computer using GoPro Player (Mac) or GoPro Exporter (Windows). Then upload the individual file chapters to the cloud through gopro.com (instructions here). Once you have validated that the files have been exported from the camera, delete them from the SD card.

What are chaptered files? Check out this article to learn about GoPro File Chaptering.

I got an error code when trying to upload my footage from my camera to the cloud. What does it mean?

Occasionally, you may encounter an error when auto uploading your footage directly from your camera to the cloud. Here is a list of error codes you may run into and the troubleshooting steps you should try to resolve the issue. 
HELP ARTICLES
JOIN A GROUP
GOPRO LABS
GOPRO WEBCAM