Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.

Common Auto Upload Issues

by GoPro GoPro on ‎09-30-2019 09:35 PM - edited a week ago
Below are some Auto Upload issues that you may encounter, along with tips to resolve them:

Why can't I set up Auto Upload?    
While there are a few variables in the Auto Upload set up, it's important to note that the feature is not currently compatible with Wi-Fi networks that have no password (open Wi-Fi networks), or those that require an acceptance of terms and conditions (e.g., public hot spots). In order to proceed, please ensure that all initial setup requirements are met. If symptoms persist, please perform a factory reset. 

Why can't I set up Auto Upload using my Android mobile device?    
If your Android device is has version 5.0.1 installed, update your mobile device to a later version of Android.

Auto Uploading is slow or not working when I upload directly from my MAX camera
We are currently experiencing an issue processing chaptered files for MAX in the cloud. This means that you may have trouble uploading long MAX videos to the cloud directly from the camera; the upload may never start or it might drop midway through.

Workaround: Transfer your MAX files directly to your computer using GoPro Player (Mac) or GoPro Exporter (Windows). Then upload the individual file chapters to Plus through gopro.com (instructions here). Once you have validated that the files have been exported from the camera, delete them from the SD card.

What are chaptered files? Check out this article to learn about GoPro File Chaptering.
HELP ARTICLES
JOIN A GROUP