The computer does not detect the camera when connected via USB.
- HERO9 Black
- GoPro MAX
- HERO8 Black
- HERO7 White, Silver & Black
- HERO6 Black
- HERO5 Black
- HERO5 Session
- HERO Session + HERO4 Session
- HERO+ LCD
- HD HERO2
- HD HERO Original
Webcam Help (HERO9 Black and HERO8 Black)
- Unplug your camera from the computer
- Ensure that you have the correct setting applied in Preferences > Connections > USB Connection
- Select MTP if you want to use file transfer
- Select GoPro Connect to use GoPro Webcam
For all cameras
If your computer is not recognizing the USB connection it could be one of a few things:
- Be sure that the camera is powered on when it is plugged in. You should see the USB symbol on the front LCD screen, indicating the proper connection to the computer. If you can see the USB symbol on the camera's LCD screen, but can't find the content on your computer, please refer to the appropriate article below for more information on transferring files from your GoPro camera to your computer, or watch our video tutorial on how to download your GoPro Photos and Videos.
- There is a loose connection somewhere. Try unplugging the cable and then plugging it back in.
- The USB cable is faulty. If you have another cable, please try that one.
- The USB port could be faulty. Try another USB port. If this doesn't work, try plugging in another USB device to check the functionality of the USB port.
- Try restarting the computer and reconnecting the camera. If this does not help, and you have access to another computer, try the other computer.
- If using a HERO3+ or older, be sure Wi-Fi is OFF before plugging the camera into the computer.
Not having any luck with any of the above tips?
If not, there is the possibility of a compatibility issue with the SD card.
- If you have a separate SD card slot or SD card reader to connect the card to the computer, please do so.
- If the SD card is recognized in the card reader, please download the files using the reader and then reformat the SD card to see if that allows it to be recognized when connected via the camera.
- If the SD card is not recognized in a separate card reader either, then there is an issue with computer and SD card compatibility which reformatting the card might resolve.
Quik does not officially support HERO7, HERO8, and HERO 9. The computer recognizing the camera as an MTP Device means it's working as intended.