by GoPro 09-30-2019 05:36 PM - edited 10-08-2019 01:01 AM
Output video signal to HDTV monitor or broadcasting product (i.e. converter, switcher, HDMI recorder, etc.)
- HERO7 Black
- HERO (2018)
- HERO6 Black
- HERO5 Black
- HERO4 (Black and Silver Editions)
- HERO3+ (Black and Silver Editions)
- HERO3 (White, Silver, and Black Editions)
- Make sure that your HDTV Input Channel is set to the same input port that you have the HDMI Cable connected to.
- Make sure that the camera is powered OFF and there are no BacPac accessories attached to your camera before you connect the camera to the HDMI Cable. If this doesn't work, please try powering the camera ON first and then connect the camera to the TV using your HDMI Cable. Once the camera is ON and connected you should initially see a live preview of whatever the camera is currently facing. If connecting to a third party broadcast device, unplugging and reconnecting the HDMI cable is recommended to get the third party device to recognize the cameras signal.
- If connecting to a third party broadcasting device, test the output signal with the cameras lower resolutions, like WVGA and 720(60/120fps), before changing the video settings to the desired output.
- If wanting to playback the video files on the SD card, make sure the files are the original source files and haven't been altered in any way (i.e. unloaded/reloaded onto SD card, name change to file, etc.)
- Name Brand HDMI cables, like the GoPro Micro HDMI, are recommended for use with GoPro cameras