Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted
Sightseer
Trade Up Program Is A Scam
[ Edited ]

UGGG I am not sure where to turn. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau-San Francisco Office.

On Tuesday November 5th I took advantage of the Go Pro Trade Up Program. I completed all of the steps and rushed my old camera to the UPS Store to be shipped out. My old camera was recieved on Monday November 11th.

I have been checking daily to see if there has been an up date to the shipping status. Right now it just says ORDER PENDING.

On November 13th, 15th, 18th, 20th, 21st, 25th & 26th. I have called and spoken to a live person who explained the following on each call (like it was from a script)

1-We are very sorry for the delay

2-Do you have the UPS Tracking # for the camera that you sent back

3-I have sent a message to our warehouse 

4-I will escalate this and get back to you (2of the of 6 people did send me an email withb a recap of what was said)

5-Is there anything else that I can do to help you?

Finally today I reached out to the Better Business Bureau of San Francisco and filed a complaint. Hopefully they can get a better resolution.

Highlighted
Explorer
Re: Trade Up Program Is A Scam
Just FYI, the better business bureau has absolutely no authority and is basically a scam company in and of itself. I've dealt with the better business bureau before with several other companies and basically they always let us know as long as we pay for it, they'll give us a good review.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Thanks!

At this point I am not sure who I can complain to or if I should give up on GoPro ever sending me my camera back

Highlighted
Explorer
I know it's frustrating, but I'm sure at the end GoPro will make it right. It took about two weeks for my Trade Up camera to arrive. Some it's much faster and for some it's longer, but it will arrive.
Highlighted
Sightseer
Thanks!!!!
Highlighted
Sightseer

I am blow away by the lack of response and follow up from Go Pro about receiving my Hero-8 that I paid for almost a month ago.

i have called, emailed and tweeted and at this point every customer service agent is going to personally look into this issue and get back to me (none have) also all are going to escalate this issue to their manager.

Wow Go Pro's handling of my upgrade should be a case study on how not to treat customers.

BC539532-60CD-4D1C-B67E-E3BBD9D22F63.png
Highlighted
Sightseer

So I did my normal email, tweet, chat and post and the answer is still the same. We have escalated this to the highest levels and we don't know when it is going to be shipped out.

At this point it is comical. Since I have zero faith that I will have an action camera back in time for this weekend's adventure...I have started researching other action cameras. Tomorrow I am going to check out the DJI line up.

16ED4ECB-84C7-4EF1-B1EA-66D2D5945A2E.png