Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Sightseer
Impossible to buy a Go Pro online

Team,

I am a first time go pro buyer and i cannot believe how difficult it is to buy a go pro on your website. I was willing to spend a $1000 and no matter what i do i end up with teh following error.

Error "Your order could not be submitted. Please try a different payment method."

1. Tried different bank acconts

2. Tried different devices and browsers

3. Tried as a guest 

4. Ensured the billing address is a sper bank records

5. Tried removing bookies ana cache.

I am amazed in this age of digitial economy and e commerce a company like go pro has such a buggy website and people seem to have the same problem from years. How hard is to fix the bug.

Also dont ask me to buy at a retail store looks like it is what has been suggested , would like to avail the offer which seems to be only online at the moment subscription + device.

Another thing in australia the customer service seems to be non existant and have been waiting to hear any sort of response.

If i do not get any response here as well, then i would assume that you guys dont care abput your customer and i wil move to other action cameras. Hope to hear back from you soon. 

Tourist
Re: Impossible to buy a Go Pro online

I have every gopro ever made except one. And I have countless hundreds, and maybe thousands of dollars of accessories. So, GoPro has gotten my money up to this point, but no more. My advice: Find another camera. You will have these kinds of problems again and again and again and again absolutely forever. GoPro simply can NOT figure out how to conduct normal, professional service. It is simply and utterly beyond them. They barely even try, and even when they try, they screw it up. No one has ever been able to figure this out. Decades of this crap. And GoPro never, ever, ever improves. I've tried so hard to be a loyal customer. But enough is enough. Their software is the worst in the world. Their support is world-renowned for being either mentally retarded, or completely missing. At some point, you just have to cut your losses and move on. I have a number of online businesses. It is DOG-SIMPLE to pay a tiny monthly fee for a shopping cart that works 100%, all of the time, and NEVER a glitch. All of my businesses do that. But GoPro can't. We finally come to the realization that whatever people are at the top of GoPro pulling the strings are beyond stupid. There can be no other explanation. Your blood pressure will like you more if you just find another company. 

Sightseer

Woooww thanks a lot for the response . I cannot belive it that such a reputed company has such dismal customer service and such disgruntled customers.

I can confirm that they dont care about customer service but if this is the state of affairs before purchase i can only understand the pain after you have spent the money.

i also think the customer service is illegally dropping me off the queue, so queue counter goes from 2 to 1 and then just sorry we cannot help you at the moment. 

Thanks again. I would hope the higher management see this dismal customer service and i hope to see other users add as many responses as possible for the go pro management to see the state of affairs.

Tourist

Everybody hopes and prays that "upper management" will finally wake up, see the light, and FIX IT. But we've all been hoping this for DECADES, and we finally must conclude that this problem COMES FROM upper management, and there is no where else to turn to find professionalism. It's not going to get any better. Ever. It just isn't. If their software WORKED, they wouldn't HAVE so many millions of problems which in turn produces angry, supremely ticked off ex-customers. I am now an ex customer. Other cameras WORK and their people will REPLY and will FIX THE PROBLEM. Apparently those concepts are just too far beyond the little Briggs and Stratton lawnmower-engine brains of "upper management" at GoPro. It's a lost cause. Forget it. Move on. 

Sightseer

Ok Three reps called today from go pro and tole me that "THEY BASICALLY CANT DO ANYTHING THEY HAVE RAISED THE ISSUE AND ARE WAITING". I am surprised that this bug hasnt been fixed in like 3 years , i see issues on this at least going back three years.

They also said that i should get it from retail stores, when i asked i wont get the discount they said they UNDERSTAND. Oh my god what do i do with their understanding ..... 

I have moved on and bought insta 360 with one inch mod the reviews seem amazing.

Good luck go pro fixing the issues and i am glad i did not buy it. You just lost a  $1000 and may be more.

SIgning off. Thanks for fixing absolutely nothing and ero customer service.