Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
The Latest
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Live Chat with GoPro Support Staff - Sunday, May 15 at 2pm ET / 11am PT

@Anonymous wrote:

@jefft Please simply read and listen to the videos I've posted, it's explained in every detail. It is NOT an issue of the environment, it's everywhere and regardless if with or without housing. External microphone is no option, I simply want to use an action cam the way it's meant to be, mounted on a helmet for example and protected by a housing.

As explained several times, I had a Hero 3 Black as well as one replacement that was FINE regarding the helicopter noise! So I definitely know how it sounds if the unit is ok. But the replacement had scratches on the lens, so I had to send it in again - and got another one back that now has the same helicopter noise issue as the first one, that the whole procedure started with in December 2015.

Now the e-mail support denies that there is a problem at all, tries to cheat me (and others) telling it would be just "white noise", I did this in order to clarify that it's NOT just white-noise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKp-wMJ50F8

Still no reaction, nothing - they close the cases! I found other people on YouTube that were treated exactly the same way! First they had a unit that they were allowed to send in, got several faulty "tested" ones back - now the same story with "white noise" and "the cam is in perfect condition" - while it shows the exact same flaws that were accepted before!

@Anonymous - Sorry to hear about this. Unfortunately, I can't discuss individual cases on these boards, but if you can send me the details by private message, I will bring it up directly with the CS team leaders and see if we can get you more info and hopefully resolve this issue for you.

Jeff

Highlighted
Explorer

As GoPro moderators, what suggestions are you happiest to see community members recommend and which make you cringe?
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@danielr15 wrote:
I've said it before but I'll reiterate, change the name and link on the main page to say, "Community". Let support have its own link. Support can bring you in the same way to the front page with all the options, but community brings you to the log in. No log in? Register.... The community just grew

Great. Looking forward to haring more ideas like these.

Highlighted
GoPro

@danielr15 wrote:
As GoPro moderators, what suggestions are you happiest to see community members recommend and which make you cringe?

Hi Daniel,

Personally, I feel that best practices with our cameras, accessories and software are very helpful. Especially when coming from personal experience. We do our best to have these practices posted on our site and online, ultimately the community sharing stories resonates the best. 

All suggestions are worth a conversation it it helps our those who are using our products.

Highlighted
Explorer

@oliverd23
Thanks for your response. I don't think there is issue with the software but hopefully more people will get the message, "format your SD card" ☺

https://gopro.com/support/articles/formatting-your-sd-card-from-your-gopro-cameras-settings-menu
Highlighted
Explorer

@mkadi
Fair enough😉
How about your favorite post or challenging issue you where able to resolve?
Highlighted
GoPro

@danielr15 wrote:
@mkadi
Fair enough😉
How about your favorite post or challenging issue you where able to resolve?

Well, the most common best practices I would suggest are:

- practice getting to know your camera first before taking it out to shoot in the wild

- always purchase one of the SD cards that we suggest from our website

- always close back door of your housing first before pulling the latch over to ensure a waterproof seal

- always clean your housing after using it under water to remove debri (remove your camera first)

I hope that helps.

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Thank you to everyone who joined us today. These Live Chats are still new for us, so if you have any suggestions for how we can improve them or who you would like to have be a part of future chats, please let us know.

Thanks again,

Jeff