Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
The Latest
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Live Chat with GoPro Support Staff - Sunday, May 15 at 2pm ET / 11am PT

@danielr15 wrote:
I am wondering where you see the support hub in the future? Is the goal to keep it solely focused on trouble shooting, or to open it up to more social sharing?

Great question @danielr15. When we launched the Support Hub last September, the primary goal was to provide a platform for customers to get help with their issues, and especially with getting the great tips and suggestions that other users have discovered. 

Having said that, I am very interested in making this a platform where customers can connect with each other on more than just issues their having. I know you've made some great posts encouraging others to post their best photos and videos, and that's exactly what I have in mind.

The Support Hub is so new that we're not locked into anything just yet. We want it to be something that is valuable to GoPro customers, so if you don't mind, I'd love to get your ideas (and the ideas of everyone reading this). What would you like to see on the GoPro Support Hub that would make this platform more valuable/useful/interesting for you?

Highlighted
Explorer

Also, since you mentioned, "tips and tricks" I'm trying to put together a video and for one scene I want to have my GoPro sweep 180 degree around the subject. I'll be filming in bright light and the highest fps as the subject will be moving (performing a Judo throw). Any cheap ideas, solutions to how I can do this?
Highlighted
Explorer

That's great to hear @jefft
I think it goes without saying that I believe that the Community ( support) Hub can be a driving force that drives GoPro's success.
Highlighted
Anonymous

@jefft Please simply read and listen to the videos I've posted, it's explained in every detail. It is NOT an issue of the environment, it's everywhere and regardless if with or without housing. External microphone is no option, I simply want to use an action cam the way it's meant to be, mounted on a helmet for example and protected by a housing.

As explained several times, I had a Hero 3 Black as well as one replacement that was FINE regarding the helicopter noise! So I definitely know how it sounds if the unit is ok. But the replacement had scratches on the lens, so I had to send it in again - and got another one back that now has the same helicopter noise issue as the first one, that the whole procedure started with in December 2015.

Now the e-mail support denies that there is a problem at all, tries to cheat me (and others) telling it would be just "white noise", I did this in order to clarify that it's NOT just white-noise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKp-wMJ50F8

Still no reaction, nothing - they close the cases! I found other people on YouTube that were treated exactly the same way! First they had a unit that they were allowed to send in, got several faulty "tested" ones back - now the same story with "white noise" and "the cam is in perfect condition" - while it shows the exact same flaws that were accepted before!

Highlighted
Explorer

I've said it before but I'll reiterate, change the name and link on the main page to say, "Community". Let support have its own link. Support can bring you in the same way to the front page with all the options, but community brings you to the log in. No log in? Register.... The community just grew
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@danielr15 wrote:
Also, since you mentioned, "tips and tricks" I'm trying to put together a video and for one scene I want to have my GoPro sweep 180 degree around the subject. I'll be filming in bright light and the highest fps as the subject will be moving (performing a Judo throw). Any cheap ideas, solutions to how I can do this?

Aside from a steadicam type of setup, the best shots I've seen done like this are done on a curved track slider/rail system. I wish I could point you to a specific DIY (there are lots out there), but a good slider track that is going to be stable and reliable is going to cost some money (I've found some for about $400 and up).

Maybe someone else here has an example they can point to...

Highlighted
Explorer

Thanks @jefft
Highlighted
GoPro

@danielr15 wrote:
A common issue that seems to come up for people is problems with their SD cards. Do you think one of the reasons might be that since GoPro Studio and the GoPro Desktop App will delete all media from the card after transferring media, people are no longer reformatting their cards in the camera? Since their is no media on the card, there is no reason to, "delete all/format"

Hi danielr15,

I agree that SD card issues do seem to be common, but I don't believe this is any more common for GoPro users than it is folks using any other type of device.  I also don't think this has to do with our desktop software not fully formatting the card - there should be no problem in the long term resulting from the use of our software with any given SD card.  You make a good point, though - most users would likely feel there is no reason to reformat following a "delete all" from the App for Desktop, and the fact that this is different from a full reformat is something we may need to clarify better in the future.  

I'd recommend speaking to the manufacturer of any given SD card for advice on best practices and maintenance, including the frequency with which the card should be reformatted.  However, I personally do always reformat my cards before I begin shooting with them, and it does tend to be good practice to reformat your cards every once in a while.

As always, you're definitely welcome to reach out to our support department for help if you're having trouble with something.