Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
The Latest
Highlighted
Anonymous

Let's Rock Those Avatars

[ Edited ]

We’re crazy mad about sharing epic photos and video content. That’s why we’re encouraging all GoPro Support Hub members to dump those default avatars and animated characters! Join the movement and upload a picture of yourself (doesn’t have to be a close-up), your favorite pet, or location. It’s amazing how alive and inspiring the community can look with colorful and vibrant content.

So select a few of your favorite images and lets get started.

To upload your image, select ‘Personalize’ just above the right sidebar, where your Nickname and current Avatar are displayed. Now click on the ‘Avatars’ tab, select ‘From the Web’ then select the ‘Upload an Avatar’ link, located under the current default avatar. Browse to the location of the image you’d like to use, select the image, and click ‘save’. That’s pretty much all there is to it.

You have the opportunity to upload a few images in case you’re having a hard time deciding, or just want to switch it up from time to time.

Many Stokes for dumping those default avatars!

briang

Community Manager

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Let's Rock Those Avatars

I have my avatar uploaded, but am wondering if there's a way to change my user name. Thanks.

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Hi swiftbluff31,

That’s a great question, which at the moment has a slightly complicated answer.

We plan to deliver a number of enhancements to the GoPro Support Hub over the next few months—one of the first being a new and improved GoPro Header that contains 1) a new ‘Log In’ function, and 2) a drop down menu where you can access your account ‘Settings’ page once ‘Logged In’. The Settings page is where you change your ‘NickName’ (once, and only once), as well as further personalize your GoPro.com experience.

But we’re not there yet! So, I’d like to provide you and other members with a link that will take you directly to your Settings page once logged in.

https://gopro.com/settings/

And if you ever have trouble getting back to the GoPro Support Hub, just select ‘Support’ from the GoPro Header, then click on the GoPro Support Hub banner.

Thanks in advance for your patience as we work to hit the sweet spot.

briang

Community Manager

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hey, I have uploaded a photo for my profile picture, but it will not save. My nickname shows up every time I log in but my avatar is set to default; and that's after trying a couple of times and getting the "looks great, etc. etc." message.
Highlighted
Anonymous

And yet, it shows up just fine on this thread.
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@Anonymous - Is this still an issue, or were you able to get the avatar to save?