Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Sightseer
Gopro Hero 7

So i got the Gopro Hero 7 black when it was relatively new. i just started having a problem with the date. i have the date set correctly on my gopro and my iphone. however recently when i download it the app it messes up the date to like jan 1 2016. does anybody have any idea why this is happening and how to fix this?

Highlighted
Explorer
Re: Gopro Hero 7
I've only had this happen when the battery has been removed for a few days or the battery was in the camera but with no power. Since you said the date/time are correct on the camera, I'm not sure what's going on. Be sure to connect to the app, go to settings and scroll down to Date/Time and tap it. A check mark should appear. Take a few test videos and see if you continue to have the same issue. Copy the video to the GoPro mobile app and the videos should be sorted by date. Next, copy over to your computer. If the date is correct in the mobile app, but not in your computer, the issue is emanating from the computer somehow. If they are both off, something's going on with the camera. Factory Reset the camera and do a manual update. If the issue continues, contact GoPro Support. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs