Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Sightseer
Firmware fix for hot pixels Hero 9?

Hi Forum,

I bought a GoPro Hero 8 this spring for paddleboarding and it has served me well on the water this summer. However, I would like the Hero 9 because of the bigger batteri, removable lens (I already have tiny scratches on the Hero 8  :-/ ) - and finally I would love the in-camera horizon-leveling on the water.

I have some concerns about the reports about a lot of hot pixels on darker videos. The new firmware claims to have a fix but I have yet to have found any user reports on the web (it seems that most reports are about the touchscreen response).

I hate hot pixels and will not buy the Hero 9 until I am sure that the issue has been addressed. Any tests/reports from users?

Also "Gemini Connect" on YouTube are reporting a new lens flare problem with the Hero 9 that other sources havn't commented on. There is some lens flare - same on the my Hero 8 - which is to be expected without a lens hood - but Gemini Connect are reporting a new strange blue tint in addition to the flare. Any comments on that?

Sightseer
Re: Firmware fix for hot pixels Hero 9?
Anyone?