Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted
Hiker
After 1.5 hour of recording while mountain biking no video recorded

Hi all,

during my vacation I wanted to explore one part of the island and had my GoPro Hero 7 Black attached to the external power on my chest while mountain biking. After approx. 1.5 hour of riding I got a puncture so had to fix it. At that time I stopped recording while GoPro was still on and did not want to switch off. I unplugged it from external power, tried holding power button for about 5 maybe more seconds but it behaved like being frozen.

My first question: how much longer after recording is stopped the camera yet records to the card? I was recording at 2.7K, 60.

So as it did not want to switch off I pulled out the battery which might have taken me roughly about 20-30 seconds until I got it out from the case on my chest and opened the battery door. Now when trying to download the videos I realized that my 1.5 hour footage is not on the card. I believe as GoPro records 4 GB sets of files there should be at least 5-6 videos even when I interrupted recording by pulling out the battery.

Any explanation what could have happened? Is there any way I could recover those lost videos?

thanks

lukas