Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Support Hub Suggestions
Sightseer

I was assigned a nickname and never got the chance to replace it with something I'd like.

[ Edited ]

I was never given the chance to change my nickname. It said I can only change it once the first time I tried to change it. Please help?

GoPro Community Manager

Re: I was assigned a nickname and never got the chance to replace it with something I'd like.

If you have not changed you nickname already, and aren't able to change it in the account settings section at GoPro.com, try going through the process using a different internet browser if you can. Sometimes, a specific browser may block the editing feature.

Thanks,

Jeff

Tourist

Re: I was assigned a nickname and never got the chance to replace it with something I'd like.

I've got the same problem and it doesn't matter what browser I use I get the same, I've never changed my username and it's getting ridiculous
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hello @loyaldawn1836

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Have you been able to try even Mozilla Firefox, by any chance? Some users were able to change nickname this way. Others shared deleting the  current account and creating a new one with the same email address and assigning the desired nickname. If none of these will clear the issue, our team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs will be able to help further. You can reach them via phone or chat. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

I've tried every browser under the sun, even installed firefox for it, though on firefox it said nickname already in use then went back to "can only change once"

Capture.PNG
GoPro

Thank you for trying the suggested steps, @loyaldawn1836 . I will bring this to the team for further investigation. Will keep you posted. Best regards!