Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Support Hub Suggestions
Sightseer

Re: How to change GoPro community username?

I cannot change it.  I have tried Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge and even Opera...  

GoPro

Hi @nobleridge58062

If it's no longer allowing you to change it then it means that it has been changed previously. 

If you wish to have a different username, you will need to create a new account with a different email address.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

I've never touched my nickname and still I'm getting "the nickname can only be changed once" this is an absolute mess, GoPro you are a big company and stuff like this shouldn't be happening, I want my own nickname not this randomly allocated stuff because creating a new account means I need to change what account all my gopros are attached to and isn't garenteed to work in the first place

Capture.PNG
Tourist

To do that, go to GoPro.com and login. Under your name at the top of the page is a drop-down menu. In that menu, select "Settings". From there, you should see your account info, and be able to change your nickname, if you haven't changed it already.

Tourist

This does no work for me. Everytime I go to the field to enter my username it keeps saying it can only be changed once so be careful.

I tried in IE and Chrome. Doesn't work doesn't save. Who do I contact?
GoPro

Hi @bikemivie

As an alternate option, you may try to register a different email address and set up your preferred nickname.

If you are still getting the same error, please reach out to our Support Team to check on this further.

They are available via phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

where exactly setting can I change the nick?

GoPro

Hello @rapiddusk34788, 

First log-in to your GoPro account through gopro.com/login

Once you are there, under your name at the top of the page is a drop-down menu. In that menu, select "Settings".

From there, you should see your account info, and be able to change your nickname, if you haven't changed it already.

There is no save button so your nickname is changed automatically once you put in a new one. 

Let us know if it works for you. 

Thanks, 
Marius