Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Support Hub Suggestions
GoPro

Re: How to change GoPro community username?

Hello @henningr715

Thank you for reaching out. This is definitely not an experience that we would like you to have. Let us help. When you said username, did you mean nickname? So far, I am able to cage first and last name, as well as Avatar. There is no save button on the page for account settings but you will get a notification that changes are saved after you did the change. I am not able to change my nickname but only because I have already changed once before. See if clearing cache, cookies, browsing history and/or using a different browser will allow you to change the nickname. 

For a more personalized support, you can reach out to our Support team via phone or chat here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

Hi @mariustanya,

thanks for the quick reply. Yes, nickname. In German it's called "Benutzername" on your site which equals username.

I already tried a different browser which I never use but got the same result with a completely new mail adress: the first time I tried to change the nickname, I immediately received the message that I already changed my name (which I didn't). To me this just seems broken. Smiley Frustrated

Maybe I will try to create a new account in a few weeks or so.

In addition it would be nice if deleting the account really would delete the account. I tried this also at the beginning and by using the same mail adress as before, I got the same nickname as before and can't change it as well.

Best,

Henning

Sightseer

I have the same problem, try with firefox and VOALA!!!, apears a message to change whas successful (Change Save or some thing like this) and change the nickname.

Saludos!

GoPro

Good to know, @ealonsov! Thank you for sharing what worked for you. Stay stoked!

Tourist

Thanks @ealonsov for sharing! I'm using Chrome and Safari on my Mac but I'm not willing to install Firefox just for using the GoPro website. This obviously should be solved by GoPro and not by their customers who have to try different browsers to use basic functions like changing a nickname. 

On a side note, I just sold my Session 5 after a few days because the quality of the footage and in particular the apps aren't as good as expected and I will try another brand.

Sightseer

I cannot change mine preset nickname either!  frustrating as there is No Save button on the page, ironically only a Delete Account button...Tried laptop and app. No Luck... Hope someone advises on how to change it & make it stick!  

Sightseer

Someone help!  It's 2018 and the issue still isn't fixed!  That's lame and not good customer service..... sick of companies that offer stuff that does not work.... frustrating.... 

GoPro

Hi @nobleridge58062

It should allow you to change your nickname once. Please see if using a different browser will work.

Let us know how it goes.

Best Regards,

Ej