Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Support Hub Suggestions
Tourist

Re: How to change GoPro community username?

Same problem here!

Waited 20 minutes for Support (on hold music)

Support has no solution and treats you like this is a new problem!

My first Gopro camera, for my birthday no less and this nonsense is happening. ALSO the damned APP got updated on the 27, what that's two days ago and the new version won't support my Android 4.4.1 phone?!?

Makes me want to go look at Garmin's cameras.

The Gopro representitive said "someone would send me an email in 24-48 hours and maby they will have a solution".

bull**bleep**!

Tourist

[ Edited ]

jefft wrote:

@ameera11534 - Your nickname is assigned when you create your account at GoPro.com. You can change the nickname one time. 

To do that, go to GoPro.com and login. Under your name at the top of the page is a drop-down menu. In that menu, select "Settings". From there, you should see your account info, and be able to change your nickname, if you haven't changed it already.

Thanks,

Jeff 

This is not a solution. The problem is that a random name is assigned and when you open the dialogue to change your avatar image your "one chance" gets used and you can not correct it. I talked to Gopro Customer Service and they can not correct this issue either. Even when they unlock the feature the highlighted bogus nickname is un-editable... typed characters do not replace the highlighted field in the nickname box. Unacceptable nonsense that new customers should never be exposed to.

Sightseer

I'm having the same problem! I changed my username but there was no SAVE buttom to confirm the change so when I hit ENTER my laptop autocorrected my username to "enrage" and now I can't change it anymore. Like seriously?!?! I'm getting enranged indeed. There has to be a way to change it, I don't want this nickname!

Sightseer

Sightseer

Hello.  We are in May 2018 and it looks like this problem still exists. I am a new user and I too was assigned a weird random nickname which I am unable to change.  Anyone has an update you could please share with me on this?  Thanks, Freddy.

GoPro

Hi @megaflame8112

Your nickname is assigned when you create an account via GoPro.com. You can change the nickname once. 

Login to your account via GoPro.com.

Click on the drop-down menu. Choose "Settings".

From there, you should see your account info, and be able to change your nickname, if you haven't changed it already.

If you're having issues as you go through this process, you can try using a different browser or in-private browsing (incognito).

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

Just bought my first GoPro, created an account and it's simply not possible to change the username. This is so stupid. Tried this a few times (different mail adresses) but I always get a warning like "already changed". That's simply not true. I didn't change my username.

Please fix this as soon as possible. It's an horrible experience if you are forced to create an account and you have to figure out how to change the username for 30 minutes. And in the end it seems like some kind of bug because no matter what you try, you always get the warning even if you never changed anything before.

Smiley Sad

Tourist

Because I can't edit my previous post:

- It's also not possible to upload an avater, even I receive the "succesfully uploaded" message, it's just gone after reloading the page

- The site permanetly switches the language

Seriously, that's a horrible start (and I haven't even used the camera).