Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Support Hub Suggestions
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

How to change GoPro community username?

I've been allocated this random alphanumeric username which really annoys me. Is there a way to change this here? @ameera11534 ?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro Community Manager

Re: How to change GoPro community username?

@ameera11534 - Your nickname is assigned when you create your account at GoPro.com. You can change the nickname one time. 

To do that, go to GoPro.com and login. Under your name at the top of the page is a drop-down menu. In that menu, select "Settings". From there, you should see your account info, and be able to change your nickname, if you haven't changed it already.

Thanks,

Jeff 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro Community Manager

@ameera11534 - Your nickname is assigned when you create your account at GoPro.com. You can change the nickname one time. 

To do that, go to GoPro.com and login. Under your name at the top of the page is a drop-down menu. In that menu, select "Settings". From there, you should see your account info, and be able to change your nickname, if you haven't changed it already.

Thanks,

Jeff 

Sightseer

thanks a tonne @jefft, youre a charm
this worked like clockwork

Sightseer

Is there a button to click to comfirm the change? because i cant change mine

GoPro Community Manager

I don't remember, but I think there is a process to save it once you've changed your nickname.

Sightseer

There is no confirm button to change the nickname as I type this response. I to would also like to change my nickname. I am also having an issue with changing my avitar

Sightseer

As you can now see I figured out how to change my avitar but still can't change my nickname

Sightseer

This does not appear to work and yet, even lots of users pose the same question, there doesn't appear to be a definitive answer.  I think it pretty stupid to allocate random Usernames in the first place, but then, not to allow members to change and SAVE their chosen username is just ridiculous.

I logged out of everything and started back where I should, even logged out of Quik too and yes, the settings option is there when I log back in and the allocated username is there, I can delete that, but there is no ''pencil'' by the side of this, but it does appear next to my Password so I guess, I could change that if needed, but still, how would I save it when there does not appear to be any SAVE SETTINGS option.

I have wasted most of my valuable day with on-line support sorting other problems out with Quik, SD cards that I only find out after the event which ones GoPro recommends and never thought that I would have to waste another hour or so trying to change my Username to something more suitable than some Seahorse or whatever.  I'm just glad that I wasn't allocated something like ''GayBoy''. 

Could you PLEASE get these basic requirements sorted as from what I understand, the original question was raised in 2016 and we're now almost halfway into 2017.

Thank you