Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Support Hub Suggestions
Tourist

How can I change my nickname? It keeps resetting.

I am trying to change my account nickname. It looks like it accepts the changes, but every time I open the app, it has defaulted back to the original.

GoPro Community Manager

Re: How can I change my nickname? It keeps resetting.

@redpike1260 - The nickname is actually set based on your account at GoPro.com. If you go to GoPro.com and log into your account, you can go to Account and then Settings. In there, you can change your nickname. Please note that you're currently only allowed to change your nickname one tim, so pick a good one.

After you've done that, the next time you log into the GoPro Support Hub, your new nickname will be pulled into here and you won't be redpike1260 anymore.

Thanks,

Jeff

Tourist

Thanks Jeff!
I went to the main site and got to the screen with my name, nickname, profile pic, etc...and I typed a new nickname...but I never saw any way to save what I had changed. There was a save button if I changed the profile picture, but apparently it only applies to that.

So, bottom line - I got to the screen where I could change my info, but I couldn't save it.
GoPro Community Manager

Not sure what 's happening there. Are you seeing a pencil icon to the right of the nickname line? I've changed mine already, so I don't see that icon, but you might. If you don't see it, you may not be able to change your name right now, but we can pass that info on to the team that runs that function to see if it's something they can enable.

Tourist

I have exactly the same issue. Can enter a new nickname but no bueno, no way to save and update the change.

GoPro Community Manager

@megabluff4018 - Just want to make sure you're trying to change your nickname at GoPro.com, and not here on the GoPro Support Hub. We pull your nickname here on the GoPro Support Hub from your GoPro.com account, so changing your nickname here in the GoPro Support Hub will not last. The next time you log into the GoPro Support Hub, the system will pull in your GoPro.com account info and write over any changes you've made here.

If you are trying to change your nickname on the GoPro.com site, you should see a pencil icon next to your nickname. If you don't see the pencil icon, you will likely not be able to change your nickname at this time.

Jeff

Tourist

[ Edited ]

Yes, it's on GoPro.com

I don't see the pencil but still caple to edit a new nickname but there is no save or update function.

Sightseer

Same problem; I can change the nackname but no option to save it. When I close the site, it resets to the random nickname. When I change the field "name" or "Email", it saves.