Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Support Hub Suggestions
Hiker

Hero Session Getting VERY Hot While Charging

My hero session getting more and more issues firstly is charging getting VERY hot which was not happen before, and now will automatically turn off for nothing sometime will sometime won't sometime happened once in a few weeks sometimes happened 2-3 day's... Please advise am from Singapore and anything can do about it ???
GoPro

Re: Hero Session Getting VERY Hot While Charging

Hello @snowystorm80343

Sorry to hear about the trouble. The observed camera behavior indicates an issue with either the firmware or the SD card being used. If you have not done it yet, try manually updating your camera firmware. Please be guided by the instructions below: 

1. Go to the Update page: HERO Session 
  2. Under "Other ways to update" click "Update your camera manually."
  3. Enter your serial number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  4. Click "Download Update."
  5. Click "Click here to download firmware."
  6. Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.

Make sure that the camera is fully charged, and that you are using a recommended and formatted SD card for the update process. You can check this link for the list of recommended cards. Let us know how it works out. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Hiker

Hi, I've done it before as what you mentioned but it still the same...
Hiker

Was very disappointed too as the last firmware you all released is at 2016 which is 2 years back....
Hiker

If this cannot be resolve, means I have to throw away my session as nothing can be done and I need to use it soon for overseas trip project and if so I might need to try other more reliable brand instead...
Hiker

Hope to hear from you soon...
GoPro

Hi @snowystorm80343

Though your camera has the latest version, re-flashing the firmware sometimes clear out similar issues.

If you haven't already, we recommend completing the manual update as part of troubleshooting the issue.

You may also try using a different cable/charger.

Also, what SD card are you using?

Try to charge/power ON the camera without the SD card, see if the same thing happens.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej

Hiker

Firstly what you mentioned, I've tried many many times and reflash my firmware many many times and is the same issues... And I am using SanDisk Ultra HC1 Class10 16Gb micro SD and I tried my other memory cards Transcend Premium 400x Micro SD also still the same issues... And today it given me a even worse issuse I tried record a normal 720 15mins videos and it turn out to a 3 separate video for nothing !!!
Each and everyday it giving me a different problems... I also bought 3x difference cable to charge it also same issues...
Hope to hear from you soon as I am losing hope soon....